Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Grandma

The good news is that I figured out how to use my scanner. The bad news is that I figured out how to use my scanner. I think I'm going to scan all the pictures - okay that could take years - but then I could dump them on disks to preserve for the kids.

But I thought I'd start with pics of my mom. She's been on my mind a lot lately, so I decided to get some of these older pictures scanned so I don't lose them. My mother is an amazing lady and has proven just how strong she really is. I am thrilled to be able to tell everyone that she's fought a tough fight with her cancer and has, for the moment, beat it. At her last check-up, she was told that the they do not see any signs of cancer. She'll continue chemo for three more months and take another PET scan, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she really has beat this horrible disease.

It's been fun looking back through old photo albums (and wanting to scan almost every picture), but it's also made me sad that I really don't have enough pictures of my folks. I'm going to make a point to take pictures of both of them with my boys before I run out of time.

Mom and Brandon feeding the ducks:

Mom in her traditional kimono
Our trip to Lake Tahoe in March 2005
Annual 4th of July fireworks at the park


Brandon's first birthday party

On the It's a Small World ride at Disneyland


Mom and me in Hawaii in 1984


1 comment:

Elizabeth Rose said...

I love all the pictures. It brought tears to my eyes, not only is your mom so pretty, how handsome your dad looked at his retirement from the navy, and I cried remembering how little your kids once were. Brandon is getting so big now. We definitely need to use those pictures at his wedding...especially the It's a Small World ride picture...he is soooooo cute! Thanks for sharing all those pics of your parents...you are a blessed girl!