Monday, May 26, 2008

No parent can see enough of this

Brandon received an award in AVID Class for carrying a 3.5 or better. Sounds like he's doing well, huh? Well, don't let that fool you. He got it for the last semester of 8th grade. Let's just say his freshman year has been quite a challenge for him - although he just qualified for Honors English next year, so I'm still holding out hope.


Brian receiving an award for creative writing. They ask the parents to go on stage with the kids. I believe I've only gone up once, 6 years ago when Brandon was in third grade. I'm really shy. Yes, I AM!

We lucked out and Brian's class ended up sitting right in front of us. The kids don't know they're getting an award until they see their parents in the audience, so us in the front row right next to Brian was a dead give-away.


Oh, wait. Brian knew about this one. He brought home an envelope addressed to the "Parent's of Brian Lytle" and I, completely not thinking (yes, I've seen these before), told him to read it to us! He read along and stopped dead in his tracks when he got to the sentence, "This award is a surprise so please don't tell your child." Too late!