Tuesday, June 24, 2008

When you want something done . . . don't ask your husband!

For over a week, I had asked Drew to add a stake to my tomatoe plant. He didn't. And the weight of the maters broke the branch - see the white break in the very middle. Since I'm a first time tomatoe grower, I learned my lesson and next time, I'll buy a metal cage when I get the plant.



This is the "oh, oh. I'm in trouble" look.

Nice and tied up. Hopefully, there was enough of a connection that the tomatoes survive, but I'm not feeling strongly about it. There are about 5 tomatoes on that broken branch.
My red bell peppers. The blooms have died off and the peppers are going to start forming.


My newest addition. This thing loves the full sun. I hope it'll survive the hot summer.

This is my dwarf lemon tree. It has no blooms and I'm worried I won't get any lemons this season, but I still have time and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Yum!



I love my chick-in-a-egg.

No comments: