Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Eve - 2008

Happy New Year, everyone!!

I cannot believe it's 2009. The entire year of 2008 seems like a blur to me, especially the last quarter. I'm sure this is largely due to the crazy football schedule. A team mate's mother told me to be prepared to "give up my life" for the season. I didn't believe her. But sadly, she was telling the truth. The holidays snuck up on me and I wasn't prepared. But I've vowed that 2009 will be different. I'll know what to expect and I plan to be more organized so that I can enjoy all of our activities, rather than feeling like I'm running on some kind of hamster wheel I can't get off.

We started the new year off with a driveway bonfire. The McKnights joined us for dinner and then, around 9:00, we moved outdoors for a blazing fire and sticky sweet s'mores. We were joined by five and a half families from the street (not bad since there are only 12 houses on the street) and by a family on the next street over. The kids had a great time skate boarding and playing street hockey. The PS3 was set up in the garage, as well as iPod speakers. Sadly my iPod wasn't aloud after the second ABBA song. And at the stroke of midnight, we all toasted to champagne and sparkly apple cider (the sparkling grape cider mixed with champagne is pretty tasty!).


This year, I'm not making resolutions that I can't keep - so I guess I'm not making any. Just kidding. But I do want to wish everyone a wonderful, healthy and prosperous 2009.

Marty and Janet McKnight


Cathy and Sarah


And all the kids (actually not all of them - we just stopped taking pictures at some point)







No comments: